What a crazy year 2020 has been! Our lives have been forever changed as life has been anything but normal. This includes Blue Sky Fund's annual Hike For Kids 2020 event. Normally this would be a hiking event in downtown Richmond with thousands of visitors helping support an important cause to help inner city youth have outdoor adventures.
The event has been modified this year and encourages hiking along any trail you like during the month of October with 5 unique hiker challenges:
- Thru Hiker - Most miles hiked in October
- Explorer of the Day - Scenic photo of the day
- Squad Goals - Team with the most registered hikers
- All-Star Supporter - Hiker with the most $ donations
- James River Jackpot - Complete 5 different routes along the James River Park System
To learn more about each of these hiker challenges visit here.
Virginia Backpacking is sponsoring a team this year with a goal of $3,000 as a hiking community. To learn more or donate please visit here. Anything is appreciated and hiking is not required if you would just like to make a donation to help support outdoor programs for inner city youth.